Protective coatings can be applied in their own right, or as a wider reaching process of repair and refurbishment. Material systems used include cementitious, epoxies, polyurethanes, water based co-polymers, mineral silicates, etc, with selection depending on the surrounding environment and service requirements.
Protective coatings application include;
- Anti carbonation coatings to protect reinforced concrete
- Impregnations to limit water ingress
- Elastomeric systems to cover cracked or dynamically moving substrates
- Mineral (lime or silicate) coatings for heritage or otherwise sensitive substrates
- Epoxy resin based coatings on concrete for high chemical resistance
- Polyurethane based coatings for waterproofing, chemical resistance and movement accommodation
- Decorative coatings for weather protection and architectural finishes
- Epoxy and polyurethane based coatings for corrosion protection of steel of structures
CP – Acothane Limited – December 2016
“The best in the field, very professional, innovative solutions to sometimes difficult problems. This is reflected in cost, but you get what you pay for!”
RG – Volker Stevin – Constructionline reference – July 2008.
“Internally coating large structures of this nature can be a difficult operation, both Acothane DW cream & blue were being applied to the correct coating thickness by a very competent team of operatives to a very high standard.”
PROTECTIVE COATINGS INFORMATION
Preparation work ahead of any protective coating application is critical. Ram Services Limited operatives typically use techniques such as abrasive grit blasting, surface grinding or high pressure water jetting to achieve best levels of preparation before application of any coating.
Examples of Past Work
Chemical resistant coatings as bund linings on Lancashire and Greater Manchester Waste PFI projects.
Application of gas tight lining to vacuum flush column in storm water detention tank in Preston.
LINKS TO PROTECTIVE COATINGS CASE HISTORIES